Program Manager - Thailand
The Program Manager is a key member of the Professional Services organization in Escher and will oversee delivery of Escher’s software products and services for a digital transformation project in Thailand. They will have extensive experience managing large highly complex, client-facing, software development projects across multiple teams, employing industry best-practice methodologies and tools to deliver in a controlled, timely and cost-effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of the software implementation project from pre-kickoff to go-live, with strict adherence to scope, time, cost and quality constraints.
- Manage projects teams simultaneously for a large scale/highly complex implementation.
- Build and maintain professional and trusted relationships with Escher’s clients, attending and presenting to required PM and Steering Group meetings.
- Manage project delivery including project scope, budget, resources, and schedules.
- Direct, support and motivate cross-functional software delivery teams to ensure alignment to project goals.
- Identify and resolve issues within teams to ensure optimal team performance.
- Create all PM artefacts and follow project delivery lifecycle as required by Escher’s PMO.
- Closely monitor and control project performance including continuous cost and schedule risk assessment.
- Develop and deliver detailed project status reporting, billing and KPIs to management and clients.
- Proactively manage project issues and risks, escalating as and when appropriate.
- Monitor change and ensure adherence to change control process.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in Escher both within and outside of Professional Services including Product Management and R&D teams.
- Foster a positive working relationship with our partners and contractors and ensure alignment on project objectives and deliverables.
- Be accountable for release management to client, overseeing the final testing, packaging and delivery of the release to the client, including production of release documentation and update of issue tracking systems.
- Develop and coordinate with clients the mechanism for raising of defects from client acceptance testing of software deliveries.
- Look to continually improve the PM process, methodology and toolset to improve quality and efficiency.
- Travel to the client site frequently to ensure success of the program, as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience of project management
- Strong experience of managing large scale highly complex international software development and implementation projects
- Extensive client-facing project management experience
- Proven ability to manage geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary teams
- Should hold a recognized project management certification e.g. PMP, Prince
- High degree of familiarity with the Agile framework. Experience of working on Agile Scrum projects
- An Agile accreditation is desirable e.g. Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner
- Excellent understanding and technical knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in .NET and C# based application development projects a plus
- Experience of working in the postal, retail, banking, financial services or related software vendor arena
- Comfortable working with project tools including MS Project, PowerPoint, JIRA (or similar)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, self-starter with strong motivation, who works on own initiative.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance client and company needs in conduct of projects.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to lead and motivate successful teams.
- An ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external clients and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and Thai for communication with the client and Escher staff is mandatory
- Located in Thailand with the ability to travel frequently as required to the client location in Bangkok
- Ability to work extra hours or outside of normal business hours to meet client and program demands